Sunday, April 18, 2010

I finished Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson and am now reading What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell.

This book is really juvenile and I probably shouldn't be reading it. Sorry! Nevertheless, it is entertaining. I've had it on my shelf for a long time, and I probably should have read it when I first got it. I would have been able to relate to the main character more (she is fifteen, and an immature fifteen at that) if I had read it earlier. I always feel bad, though, when I have books that people have given me for Christmases and birthdays and I never read them, so I felt mildly obligated.
What I Saw and How I Lied is a coming of age story about Evie Spooner. Her stepfather has returned from World War II and takes Evie and her mother on a spur of the moment trip from their New York home to Palm Beach, Florida. There, they meet Peter Coleridge, a 23 year old ex-soldier. It becomes apparent not only that Peter and Evie's stepfather Joe knew each other in the war, but that Joe really, really dislikes Peter. Drama and mystery ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment